Dear After School Education and Safety grantees:
After School Education and Safety Funding Increased by $50 Million Dollars
In June 2019, Governor Newsom approved the state budget allocating an additional $50 million dollars to the After School Education and Safety (ASES) grant, effective July 1, 2019. This will result in an 8.4 percent increase of the daily rate. To calculate the new grant amounts, programs will take their current grant amount and multiply it by 1.084.
- An elementary site receiving $122,850.00 for After School Base will be increased to $133,169.40 ($122,850.00 * 1.084 = $133,169.40)
- An elementary site receiving $40,950.00 for Before School Base will be increased to $44,389.80 ($40,950.00 * 1.084 = $44,389.80)
- A middle school site receiving $163,800.00 for After School Base will be increased to $177,559.20 ($163,800.00 * 1.084 = $177,559.20)
- The new minimum grant amount for After School Base will change from $29,484.00 to $31,960.65 ($29,484.00 * 1.084 = $31,960.65)
- The new per-pupil rate for After School Base and After School Summer will be $8.88
- The new per-pupil rate for Before School Base and Before School Summer will be $5.92
This 8.4 percent raise will be applied to the following ASES sub program types:
- After School Base
- After School Summer
- Before School Base
- Before School Summer
The ASES Frontier Transportation Program grant will be excluded, as it is not calculated per pupil per day.
If you have any questions, please contact your System of Support for Expanded Learning Regional Team. Thank you!