Semi-annual Attendance Report Transcript
This text is the transcript of the Semi-Annual Attendance Report Presentation (Flash).
Welcome to the After School Support and Information System, or ASSIST for short. The instructions that follow will be for the After School Education and Safety Program and the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program grants for elementary, middle, and high school students.
This training module will provide you with the following information:
- A brief overview of ASSIST
- A recap of attendance reporting requirements for before and after school grants
- Step-by-step instructions on how to submit attendance reports online
- Contact information if you have questions regarding attendance reporting or any other questions related to ASSIST
The California Department of Education's (CDE) Learning Support and Partnerships Division has implemented a new online grant management system for before and after school program grants. This new system tracks and controls grant-related data including applications, budgets, attendance reports, expenditure reports, and payments.
The next set of attendance related slides will identify the following:
- When attendance reports are required and when they are due
- What information is needed to submit an attendance report
- Instructions on how to submit an attendance report
- Information on who to contact for additional ASSIST questions
All grantees must submit semi-annual attendance reports to the CDE. Failure to submit required reports will result in a withholding of future grant payments.
Attendance reports are due according to the following schedule:
- First semi-annual reports due on or before January 31 for the July 1 through December 31 reporting period
- Second semi-annual reports due on or before July 31 for the January 1 through June 30 reporting period
Due dates and reporting periods are the same for each fiscal year.
The following information is required when submitting an attendance report:
- Total number of days of operation for each school funded in your grant
- Total number of students served for each school funded your grant
Attendance reports can be submitted online via the new ASSIST Web site.
Instructions to submit attendance reports are provided on the following slides.
The next 8 slides provide step-by-step instructions on how to submit an attendance report online via ASSIST.
Step 1 is to logon to ASSIST.
Enter your secure user name and password that was provided to your superintendent or authorized agent by the CDE.
Select the Logon button.
Step 2 is to select the Grant ID link of a grant for which an attendance report needs to be submitted.
Step 3 is to review Reports Due screen to view outstanding attendance reports.
Step 4 is to select the Attendance link for the period for which you are reporting.
Step 5 is to enter the number of Days of Operation and Students Served on the Manage Grant/Edit screen. Please complete these data for each school in the grant for the reporting period. If attendance or days of operation is zero, please enter 0.
Step 6 is select Calculate and Save button. This button will save the data entered and display the totals for your review.
Step 7 is to select the Submit to CDE button to submit the data to the CDE.
Step 8 is to verify that the following message is displayed: Report submitted to CDE.
This message confirms that CDE has received your attendance report for the selected grant and reporting period.
Step 9 is to review your submitted attendance report. To do so, select Report History.
Step 10 is click the Attendance link on the Report History screen to view the submitted attendance report(s).
The final step is to review the submitted attendance report for accuracy. If revisions are required, please contact your regional fiscal analyst.
Payments may not be processed and sent to grantees if an attendance report has not been submitted by the due date.
Clarification of the Attendance Report columns is as follows:
- CDS/School Name/School Type: Only school(s) that are approved for funding are displayed for attendance reporting.
- Days of Operation: Enter total number of days your program operated during this reporting period.
- Students Served: Enter the total number of students served for the reporting period.
At this time, submitted attendance reports cannot be revised online. Please contact your regional fiscal analyst if attendance report revisions are necessary.