Action: 2023–24 FFVP Request for Applications
The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division is announcing a grant opportunity for elementary schools to participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP).
To be considered for an FFVP award, all eligible agencies, current 2022–23 FFVP grantees, and prospective new applicants must apply online to this Request for Applications.
Grant Application Package and Instructions
- FFVP Application web page
- Informational Video: FFVP: How to Apply, Course Number 460
- FFVP Application Instructions web page
Grant Period: July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023, at 4 p.m.
- Only online applications are accepted.
- No mailed, emailed, scanned, or faxed applications will be accepted.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- School districts and county offices of education on behalf of their elementary school sites
- Direct-funded charter elementary schools
- Private elementary schools participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) if 50 percent or more of their students are eligible for free and reduced-price meals
- Residential child care institutions operating an elementary school during the day and participating in the NSLP
For more information about the FFVP and grant eligibility requirements, visit the CDE California FFVP web page.
The U.S Department of Agriculture administers the FFVP at the federal level and the CDE administers the FFVP in California. The purpose of the FFVP is to provide all children in a participating elementary school with a variety of free, fresh fruit and vegetable snacks during the school day. The FFVP is a supplement to (and not part of) the School Breakfast Program and the NSLP and includes teaching students about good nutrition. Participating schools are encouraged to partner with community entities to support their FFVP efforts.
If you have questions regarding this subject, please contact the FFVP team by email at FFVP@cde.ca.gov.