Child and Adult Care Food Programs Online Courses
On May 5, 2020, the California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) sent an email notification to all Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Operators explaining the Fresno City College (FCC) California Professional Nutrition Education and Training (Cal-Pro-NET) Center would be closing on June 30, 2020. As a reminder, through this partnership between the CDE NSD and the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center, we offered many CACFP online courses, provided the Promoting Integrity Now two-day in-person training for CACFP Operators, and hosted the Healthy and Active Preschoolers website, which offered online courses and educational resources for child nutrition professionals serving preschool-age children.
Since the Cal-Pro-NET Center closure, the CDE NSD has completed the first phase of transitioning training content to our own web page. We are pleased to announce the following online courses are available on the CDE Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) Course Catalog web page under the CACFP tab:
- Adult Care Participant Eligibility Determination, Course Number 454: This online course explains how to determine and document the eligibility of participants enrolled in Adult Day Care centers participating in the CACFP.
- Child Care Participant Eligibility Determination, Course Number 455: This online course explains how to determine and document the eligibility of participants enrolled in Child Care Centers participating in the CACFP.
- Introduction to Procurement for CACFP Operators, Course Number 457: This online course provides an introduction to federal and state procurement rules for CACFP Operators.
- Management for CACFP Operators, Course Number 456: This online course provides state and federal guidance on critical compliance areas of the CACFP.
- Navigating the Food Buying Guide Calculator, External (U.S. Department of Agriculture): This U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) online course explains how to use the USDA Food Buying Guide Calculator to determine required quantities of foods to purchase to meet the CNP meal pattern requirements.
These online courses are designed for current CACFP Operators, as well as prospective CACFP Operators as part of the training requirements to operate the CACFP.
As additional online courses and resources become available on the CDE CNPs Course catalog and Resource Library web pages, the CDE will notify all CACFP Operators.
If you have questions regarding the CACFP online courses, please contact Stephanie Salazar, Nutrition Education Specialist, by phone at 916-445-8332 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.