CACFP Administrative ManualA guide to the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) critical compliance standards for centers and day care home (DCH) sponsors.
The Early Childhood Development Act of 2020 (Senate Bill (SB) 98, Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) authorized the transfer of child care and development programs administered by the California Department of Education to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021. The content on this page may not be current and involves the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that has moved to CDSS. Visit the CDSS CACFP web page or call 1-833-559-2420 for more information.
The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) developed the CACFP Administrative Manual which provides state and federal guidance on critical compliance areas of the CACFP. Requirements outlined in this manual apply to all CACFP agencies, except where noted. The CDE revises the CACFP Administrative Manual as program updates take place; agencies are ultimately responsible for complying with all current federal regulations, USDA Food and Nutrition Service Instructions, USDA policy memoranda, and CDE management bulletins.
Table of Contents
- Terms, Definitions, and Acronyms
- Program Eligibility
- Participant/Provider Eligibility
- Center Reimbursement Determination
- Day Care Home (DCH) Reimbursement Determination
- Claims for Reimbursement
- Financial Management
- Meal Pattern
- Documenting, Crediting, and Preparing Meals
- Meal Service
- Civil Rights
- DCH and Center Sponsor Responsibilities
- Serious Deficiency Process
- Administrative Review Process for Compliance with the CACFP Meal Patterns