Preschool Nutrition and WellnessThe Preschool Nutrition and Wellness online course.
This online course provides information on basic nutrition, how to select nutritious foods for preschool-age children, and how to help preschoolers develop eating behaviors and day-to-day habits that promote lifetime wellness.
- Course Number: 451
- Training Length: 40 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) centers, family child care home providers, and parents
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: May 1, 2021
Begin the Preschool Nutrition and Wellness course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) MyPlate Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2020–25 Consumer Resources web page
- Ellyn Satter Institute Division of Responsibility in Feeding web page
- California Department of Education (CDE) Determining Whole Grain-rich Products in the CACFP web page
CACFP and Preschools SHINE
- CDE CACFP web page
- CDE Nutrition Requirements for Fluid Milk in the CACFP Management Bulletin
- Crediting: .75 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
General Nutrition (1300)
- Learning Objective: Understand basic nutrition concepts (1320)
- Training Topic: General Nutrition (1300)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
If you have technical difficulties or have questions regarding the course content, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by email at CACFPmealpatterns@cde.ca.gov.