Adult Care Participant Eligibility DeterminationThe Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Eligibility Determination for Adult Day Care (ADC) centers online course.
The Early Childhood Development Act of 2020 (Senate Bill (SB) 98, Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) authorized the transfer of child care and development programs administered by the California Department of Education to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021. The content on this page may not be current and involves the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that has moved to CDSS. Visit the CDSS CACFP web page or call 1-833-559-2420 for more information.
This online course will explain how to determine and document the eligibility of participants enrolled in ADC centers participating in the CACFP.
- Course Number: 454
- Training Length: .75 hour
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: For current and prospective CACFP Operators
- Mandatory:For prospective CACFP Operators only
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: July 1, 2020
Begin the Adult Care Participant Eligibility Determination course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- California Department of Education (CDE) CACFP Management Bulletin web page
- CDE Rates, Eligibility Scales, & Funding web page
- CDE CACFP Administrative Manual
- Crediting: .75 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Free and reduced-price meal benefits (3100)
- Learning Objective: Certify, process, and verify free and reduced-price meal eligibility benefits in compliance with Federal Regulations (3110)
- Training Topic: Free and reduced-price meal benefits (3100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by email at CACFPmealpatterns@cde.ca.gov.
For questions regarding the course content, please contact the Community Nutrition Programs Unit by email at CACFP@cde.ca.gov.