Introduction to Procurement for CACFP OperatorsOnline procurement course for current and prospective Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Operators.
This online course provides an introduction to federal and state procurement rules for CACFP Operators.
- Course Number: 457
- Training Length: 0.75
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Current and prospective CACFP Operators
- Mandatory: For prospective CACFP Operators only
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: August 1, 2020
Begin the Introduction to Procurement for CACFP Operators course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 2, Code of Federal Regulations (2 CFR), Part 200 web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, Title 7 Code of Federal Regulations (7 CFR) Part 226 web page
- California Legislative Information Government Code web page
- General Services Administration System for Award and Management web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, 7 CFR, sections 210.21(d)
(Buy American Provision)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Policy Memorandum SP 38-2017, Compliance with and Enforcement of the Buy American Provision in the National School Lunch Program
- California Department of Education (CDE) Buy American Provision for School Nutrition Programs (SNP) online course web page
- CDE Procurement in the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) Frequently Asked Questions web page
- CDE CNP Course Catalog web page
- State of California Fair Political Practices Commission web page
- USDA Procuring Local Foods web page
- CDE Procurement in CNPs web page
- CDE CACFP Bulletins web page
- USDA Documents and Resources web page
- Crediting: 0.75 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
- Learning Objective: Purchasing food, supplies, and equipment through vendors (2430)
- Training Topic: Purchasing/Procurement (2400)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by email at CACFPmealpatterns@cde.ca.gov.
CACFP Operators: For questions regarding the course content, please contact the Community Nutrition Program Unit by email at CACFP@cde.ca.gov.
SNP Operators: For questions regarding the course content, please contact the Nutrition Services Division Procurement Resources Unit by email at NSDprocurementreview@cde.ca.gov.