Milk Requirements in the CACFP for ProvidersMilk Requirements in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for Providers online course in English.
This online training will assist child care center staff in understanding how to comply with the milk requirements in the CACFP. The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division revised this training in December 2017 to reflect a broader definition of a disability and an updated medical statement.
- Course Number: 516
- Training Length: 37 minutes
- Certificate: Yes
- Target Audience: CACFP family child care home providers
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: December 2017
To view this online course and resources in Spanish visit the Requisitos de La Leche En El Programa de Alimentación en Centros de Cuidado Infantil y de Adultos web page.
The following resource is referred to throughout this online course:
- Crediting: 0.5 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan menus that meet U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrition requirements (1110)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on the CACFP milk requirements, access the following resource:
- USDA Serving Milk in the CACFP (PDF) handout
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by phone at 916-445-9127 for assistance. If family child care home providers have questions about the course content, they should contact their sponsoring organization.