The New Adult Meal Pattern in the CACFPThe New Adult Meal Pattern in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) online course.
This online training describes the changes to the CACFP’s adult meal pattern effective October 1, 2017. Adult day care centers will learn how to meet the adult meal pattern requirements and identify where to find additional resources and get their questions answered, if needed.
- Course Number: 863
- Training Length: 41 minutes
- Certificate: Yes
- Target Audience: CACFP adult day care centers
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: November 2017
Begin the The New Adult Meal Pattern in the CACFP course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- California Department of Education CACFP New Meal Patterns (NMP) web page
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Team Nutrition CACFP Meal Pattern Training Tools
- USDA Food Buying Guide
- Crediting: 0.75 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan menus that meet USDA nutrition requirements (1110)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on the CACFP NMP, access the following resource:
- USDA Adult Meal Pattern (PDF) chart
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by phone at 916-445-9127 for assistance. If adult day care centers have questions about the course content, please contact the CACFP NMP Team by email at NMP4CACFP@cde.ca.gov.