February 28, 2023 School Nutrition Town Hall Links
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Main Web Page
The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) hosted the monthly Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall webinar on February 28, 2023 for school food service operators, chief business officials, and community partners to provide an opportunity for schools to learn about program requirements for operating their programs and hear about best practices.
Links Shared in Chat During the Town Hall
- You can look up your assigned School Nutrition Program analyst on the CDE School Nutrition Program Contacts web page.
- Access the Tuesday at 2 School Nutrition Town Hall slides on the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS) web page, select Applications and Download Forms.
- Send comments regarding the 2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to the Advisory Committee on the Regulations.gov website and click on the “Comment” box or search HHS-OASH-2022-0021-0001, the Docket number for the Federal Register notice.
- Send comments regarding the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Proposed Rule on the Regulations.gov website or by mail to School Meals Policy Division, Food and Nutrition Service, P.O. Box 9233, Reston, Virginia, 20195.
- The complete proposed rule is available on the Federal Register: Child Nutrition Programs: Revisions to Meal Patterns Consistent With the 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans web page .
- Access the following USDA Proposed Rule Resources on the USDA website:
- School Meals Standards Comparison Chart
- Proposed Implementation Timeline for Updating School Meal Standards Infographic
- Proposed Rule for School Meal Standards Infographic
- Send your Universal Meals Program (UMP) Guidelines comments via email to UMP staff at UMPComment@cde.ca.gov.
- Sign up to receive the latest SNP listservs on the CDE NSD SNP Mailing List web page.
- Visit the CDE's Nutrition What’s New web page funding tab.
- Check out the new CDE Local Food for Schools web page.
- More information on the Request for Applications for the 2023–2024 School Breakfast Program and Summer Start up and Expansion Grants web page.
- For questions about School Food Best Practices (SFBP) funding contact the SFBP Team by email at SFBP@cde.ca.gov.
- Visit the new CDE SFBP web page.
- Email your Kitchen Infrastructure and Training (KIT) Funds questions to the KIT Funds team at KITFunds@cde.ca.gov.
- For more information on the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) Application visit the FFVP Application web page.
- Questions regarding FFVP, please contact the CDE FFVP team by email at FFVP@cde.ca.gov.
- For more information about the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), visit the CDE Summer Meals web page.
- To determine if the summer food service site is in a rural area visit the USDA Rural Designation website .
- For more information on eligibility determinations, visit the CDE's Management Bulletin CNP-04-2015 Area Eligibility in Child Nutrition Programs.
- For more information about Expanded Learning, please visit the CDE Expanded Learning FAQ web page.
- Share your celebration photos with CDE! Email your photos to NSD Town Hall staff at NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.
- To review SFSP policy and regulations visit the CDE Summer Food Management Bulletin web page.
- Sign up to receive the latest SNP listservs.
- Visit the new CDE NSD Food Service Staff and Training web page.
- Register for the 2023 Taste of CA Standardization Workshops on the CNIPS Training Registration web page .
- For additional information or assistance on the Taste of CA Standardization Workshops, please contact the CDE Taste of CA Challenge team at CArecipes@cde.ca.gov.
- Review the CDE management bulletin regarding Severe Need and 2 Cent Reimbursement.
- Read about Mount Diablo Unified School District in the Associated Press news article, "No more Nuggets? School Lunch goes farm-to-table." .
- Access the new USDA Celebrating School Breakfast infographics and social media messages .
- Check out the new USDA Team Nutrition Discover My Plate: Nutrition Education for Kindergarten website .
- Learn how to get a state job, visit the CDE Jobs web page.
If you have any questions regarding this subject, please email NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.
Questions: Nutrition Services Division | 800-952-5609
Last Reviewed: Monday, March 20, 2023
Share this Page
Trending in Nutrition
Recently Posted in Nutrition