Healthy & Active PreschoolersA learning center for child care professionals that offers a variety of online courses and resources to improve the nutrition and physical activity environment in child care programs.
The Healthy & Active Preschoolers (HAP) nutrition learning center presents current and reliable nutrition and physical activity information to the child care community. A variety of resources including curricula for nutrition education, nutrition and physical activity tip sheets, and hot topics are available. The HAP center also contains a Nutrition Learning Center that houses four free online courses: (1) Nutrition Fundamentals; (2) Preschool Nutrition and Active Play; (3) Mealtime Environment; and (4) Food Safety. These interactive courses provide information and tips that will help you become more knowledgeable about nutrition and improve the nutrition and physical activity environment in the child care setting. The courses are self-paced, can be taken in any order, and vary in length from one and a half to three hours. The online courses can be viewed independently or be used as an instructional tool to teach a class. Professional growth hours can be obtained by completing each course!
- Originator of Resources: A collaborative effort with Fresno City College, California Professional Nutrition Education and Training (Cal-Pro-NET) Center and the California Department of Education
- User of Resource: Child care staff (i.e.: administrators, directors, mentor teachers, lead teachers, teachers, family day care home providers), parents and child nutrition staff
- Audience: Preschool age children
- Cost: All online courses and resources are free
- Available in Spanish: Nutrition and physical activity tip sheets also available in Spanish
- Date updated: February 2019
To access the HAP nutrition learning center resources and online courses, visit the HAP web site .
For technical assistance, contact the Fresno City College, Cal-Pro-NET Center staff by phone at 559-489-2237 or by email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Salazar, Nutrition Education Assistant, by phone at 916-445-8332 or 800-952-5609 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.