January 24, 2023 School Nutrition Town Hall Links
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Main Web Page
The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) hosted the monthly Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall webinar on January 24, 2023 for school food service operators, chief business officials, and community partners to provide an opportunity for schools to learn about program requirements for operating their programs and hear about best practices.
Links Shared in Chat During the Town Hall
- You can look up your assigned School Nutrition Program analyst on the CDE School Nutrition Program Contacts web page.
- Don’t forget to send your celebration photos and social media posts to the NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov email.
- Visit the Great Kindness Challenge (GKC) website and the GKC Classroom Curriculum web page .
- Visit the new CDE NSD's Food Service Staff and Training web page.
- Sign up to receive the latest School Nutrition Program (SNP) listservs on the CDE NSD SNP Mailing List web page.
- Review the Federal Rulemaking Calendar website .
- For updated information on funding opportunities, visit the Nutrition What’s New web page and navigate to the Funding tab.
- For more information, visit the 2023–24 School Breakfast and Summer Meal Program Grants Request for Applications web page.
- For questions about the School Food Best Practices (SFBP) funding, contact the SFBP Team by email at SFBP@cde.ca.gov
- For more information on the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP), visit the 2023–24 FFVP Projected Funding Profile web page.
- For more information on the FFVP and the application process, complete the online course How to Apply for the FFVP web page, course number 460.
- For more information about the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), visit the CDE SFSP web page.
- Read the LA Times article about the Los Angeles Unified School District’s, “How School Lunch is Made. It’s More Complicated Than You Think” .
- To review Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) policy and regulations, visit the CDE Summer Food Management Bulletin web page.
- Access the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) site application on the CDE SSO web page and scroll down to How to Apply.
If you have any questions regarding this subject, please email NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.
Questions: Nutrition Services Division | 800-952-5609
Last Reviewed: Thursday, March 16, 2023
Share this Page
Trending in Nutrition
Recently Posted in Nutrition