Managing Personnel During COVID-19 Webinar
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Office of Food Safety (OFS) in partnership with the Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) and a contracted subject matter expert, will deliver a webinar for school nutrition professionals called “Managing Personnel During COVID-19”.
This webinar will address communication among stakeholders, adhering to the Americans with Disabilities Act, selecting and handling of cloth face masks, considerations for appropriate screening and exclusion of food service employees from working, and preparing for potential employee illness. The webinar will reflect Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 recommendations and guidelines.
- Identify the key stakeholders included in a districtwide communication plan.
- Identify proper face covering types, use, and safe handling practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among staff.
- Define Americans with Disabilities Act’s and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act regulations regarding confidentiality and exemptions regarding cloth face coverings.
- Comply with federal requirements for reporting cases of COVID-19 to regulatory agencies.
- Identify approved prescreening methods for staff, such as taking and recording body temperatures and conditions which preclude work attendance.
- Prepare for illness among employees and manage through at-home monitoring of quarantine or isolation.
- Cyndie Story PhD, RDN, CC, SNS, USDA Produce Safety University instructor
- Lauren McClean, USDA OFS Food Safety Specialist
The target audience for this webinar includes school nutrition professionals.
Managing Personnel During COVID-19
July 27, 2020
Noon–1 p.m. Pacific time
This course provides a total of one hour of professional standards crediting.
- Key Area: Operations (2000)
- Training Topic: Food Safety and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (2600)
- Learning Objective: Promote a culture of food safety (2640)
If you have any questions regarding this webinar, please contact the ICN Help Desk by phone at 800-321-3054 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.