New Process for Listservs
Based on your input, the California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) is pleased to announce a new Listserv bundling process. Beginning February 7, 2020, we will bundle Listserv announcements on a weekly basis and issue every Friday as one communication. The Friday Listserv communication will have a listing of all Listservs for the week and will contain a Listserv title, along with the link to the CDE Nutrition What’s New web page.
After the bundled Listserv communications are sent, we will post to the CDE Nutrition What’s New web page. The web page will include the full content of each Listserv categorized under one of the following six topics.
- Disaster: Proclamations that affect our program operators and state.
- Recall: Food recalls that could potentially affect our program operators and partners.
- Training: Announcements and availability of trainings, both sponsored by the NSD and those of the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA) and other partners. Includes both in-person and e-learning offerings (conference calls and webinars).
- Policy: Notifies program operators of the release of USDA policy memoranda.
- Management Bulletin (MB): Notifies program operators of the release of CDE NSD MBs.
- Other: Applications, awards, surveys, announcements, and annual updates.
The Listservs contained on the Nutrition What’s New web page will be identified by program type. Program types include the School Nutrition Programs, Seamless Summer Option, Summer Food Service Programs, Food Distribution Program, and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). CACFP sponsor types include day care homes, child care centers, and adult day care. Specialized Listservs intended for target audiences are marked with an asterisk (*) and are not applicable to entire program and sponsor types. Listservs posted to the Nutrition What’s New web page will remain on the page for three months, then removed in the fourth month.
There are a couple of exceptions to the Friday Listserv bundling process. Urgent Listservs, such as Disasters and Food Recalls, will still be processed in real time. Reminder Listservs will also be sent out in real time, but not posted to the Nutrition What’s New web page. Only the original Listserv will remain on the web page.
If you have any questions regarding this subject, please contact Jaime Aguirre, Staff Services Manager I, by phone at 916-322-5869 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.