Produce Safety Four-Part Webinar Series
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Office of Food Safety (OFS) and its training partners have developed a four-part webinar series addressing the most popular topics presented at Produce Safety University.
Speakers will include:
- Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RDN, CC, Chef, School Nutrition Consultant, trainer, and Chef for Culinary Solutions, LLC
- Leo T. Schwartz, Master Trainer for Agricultural Marketing Service, Specialty Crops Inspection Division
- Natasha Williams, Food Safety Specialist for USDA, OFS
- Lauren McClean, Food Safety Specialist for USDA, FNS, OFS
The target audience is school nutrition professionals.
Every Tuesday in August
August 4, 11, 18, and 25
Topics and Login Information
Each webinar is an individual learning opportunity and you can participate in one or more as you choose. Each webinar contains a separate registration web page. Please select the link pertaining to the webinar you would like to attend.
- August 4, 2020—Register for How to Use AMS Market News Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Information in School Meal Programs webinar .
- August 11, 2020—Register for Writing Produce Specifications webinar .
- August 18, 2020—Register for Good Agricultural, Good Manufacturing, and Handling Practices for Fresh and Fresh Cut Produce webinar .
- August 25, 2020—Register for The Produce Lab: Quality, Condition, & Safe Handling and Preparation webinar .
- Operations (2000)
- Food Safety and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Training (2600)
- Practice general food safety procedures (2620)
- Practice federal, state, and local food safety regulations and guidance (2630)
- Procurement (2400)
If you have any questions regarding the webinars content, please contact the Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need technical assistance, please contact ICN at email@example.com.
If you have any questions for the California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division, please contact Desiree Rojo, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-323-0213 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.