Providing Safe Physical Activity During COVID-19
The California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division is pleased to share two resources that child care providers can use to learn more about providing a safe environment for physical activity for young children during the Novel COVID-19 pandemic.
The resources, descriptions, and access information are listed below.Physical Activities that Allow for Physical Distancing in the COVID Era webinar
- Date and Time: Thursday, Oct 15, 2020, 10 a.m.
- Description: This webinar, presented by Penn State Better Kid Care, will provide ideas for physical activities that can be enjoyed by young children while striving to maintain physical distancing. The physical activities use inexpensive equipment and are fun for two to five year-old children to play and adults to lead.
- Access Information: To register for the Physical Activities that Allow for Physical Distancing in the COVID Era webinar .
- Description: This web page, created by the National Wildlife Federation’s Early Childhood Health Outdoors, in partnership with the Natural Learning Initiative at North Carolina State University, lists resources that provide strategies and considerations for maximizing and improving the use of outdoor spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Access Information: Access the Reduce Risk of Disease and Improve Health During COVID-19–and Beyond web page .
If you have questions regarding the Physical Activities that Allow for Physical Distancing in the COVID Era webinar, please contact Penn State Better Kid Care by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding the Reduce Risk of Disease and Improve Health During COVID-19–and Beyond web page, please contact the National Wildlife Federation by email at email@example.com.