SP 22-2021: Q&A #2 for CNP Reporting in SY 21-22
On September 29, 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued Policy Memorandum SP 22-2021, CACFP 17-2021, SFSP 10-2021: Questions and Answers (Q&A) for Child Nutrition Program (CNP) Operations in School Year (SY) 2021–22, Q&A #2. You can view this policy memo on the USDA School Meals Policy web page.
The policy memo contains 28 questions and answers intended to provide clarification to state and local agencies on current CNP issues related to operating a CNP in SY 2021–22.
The Nutrition Services Division would like to specifically highlight the following guidance included in this Q&A:
- Confirms that SY 2020–21 and SY 2021–22 count towards the Provision 2 cycle for schools and local educational agencies (LEA) that operated the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and/or the Seamless Summer Option (SSO) during those school years
- Specifies that LEA Professional Standards training are not applicable if participating in the SSO during SY 2021–22
- Advises that all school food authorities, including those operating SSO in place of traditional National School Lunch Program (NSLP)/School Breakfast Program (SBP) under a nationwide waiver, are still required to obtain two food safety inspections annually from state or local authorities
- Provides information on weekend meals
A management bulletin will not be forthcoming.
For any questions regarding this policy memo, please contact your respective program’s county specialist. The county specialist for each program can be found under the following Form IDs in the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System , Download Forms section:
- SFSP—Form ID SFSP 01
- NSLP, SBP, and SSO—Form ID Caseload
- Child and Adult Care Food Program—Form ID CACFP 01