COVID-19: CNP Response 47 and Q&A
The California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division is pleased to announce that on September 11, 2020, the U.S. Department of Agriculture released a new Nationwide Waiver and Questions and Answers (Q&A) related to the Nationwide Waiver to allow Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Option (SSO) through December 2020.
- New–COVID-19: Child Nutrition Response #57, Nationwide Waiver to Allow Reimbursement for Meals Served Prior to Notification of Approval and Provide Flexibility for Pre-Approval Visits in the SFSP. This waives the requirement that reimbursement shall not be paid for meals served at a site before the sponsor has received written notification that the site has been approved for participation in the Program. This waiver also waives the requirement for the state agency to conduct pre-approval visits of SFSP sponsors and sites.
- Policy Memorandum SP 25-2020, CACFP 14-2020, SFSP 14-2020: Questions and Answers Relating to the Nationwide Waiver to Allow SFSP and SSO Operations through December 2020. This memorandum provides 14 questions and answers intended to clarify the operation of the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, SSO, SFSP, and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Policy Memorandum SP 25-2020, CACFP 14-2020, SFSP 14-2020: Questions and Answers Relating to the Nationwide Waiver to Allow SFSP and SSO Operations through December 2020 resolves unanswered questions from the September 8, 2020 Town Hall including:
- Serving weekend and holiday meals consistent with SFSP/SSO regulations.
- Operating the At-risk Afterschool component of CACFP concurrently with any child nutrition program.
You may access this memorandum on the COVID-19 Questions and Answers for States web page .
For any questions regarding these waivers, please contact your respective program’s County Specialist. The County Specialist for each program can be found in the following Form IDs in the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System Download Forms section:
- SFSP—Form ID SFSP 01.
- School Nutrition Programs—Form ID Caseload.
- CACFP—Form ID CACFP 01.