CFAITC Free Two Day Virtual AgVentura
The California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom (CFAITC) is offering a free two day virtual AgVentura in lieu of the 2020 California Agriculture in the Classroom Conference. Register now to learn more about the importance of educating our youth about food and integrating it into the core subjects in a distance learning environment. From strawberries to lemons and avocados, the conference will explore the Ventura County agriculture—virtually! Some conference highlights include:
- Live virtual tour of Ventura Farms
- Farm panel addressing challenges facing agriculture
- Demonstration on creating a bitmoji agriculture classroom
- Talk on victory gardens for a new era cultivating possibility in a time of pandemic
- Live virtual tour of Limoneira Company Lemon Packinghouse
- Information on adapting on-farm education for an online classroom, and more!
- Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Jamie Johansson, President, The CFAITC
- Dr. Rose Hayden Smith, Emeritus, University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Dr. Browning Neddeau, Professor, California State University, Chico
- Michael Marks, Television Personality and Produce Expert
The target audience is school nutrition professionals, teachers, and educators.
Two Day Conference
Friday, September 25, 2020
Saturday, September 26, 2020
9 a.m.–2 p.m.
For more information regarding the conference, visit the 2020 California Agriculture in the Classroom Conference web page
If you have any questions regarding the webinars content or need technical assistance, contact Mindy DeRohan at the CFAITC at Mindy@LearnAboutAg.org.
If you have any questions for the California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division, please contact Desiree Rojo, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-323-0213 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.