Virtual Learning Opportunities for CNPs
The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) is pleased to announce US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Team Nutrition (TN) updates to virtual learning opportunities for Child Nutrition Program (CNP) Operators.
The following training options are offered in a distance learning format to meet annual training requirements for the new school year.
Upcoming TN Virtual Learning Opportunities
Track Training Like a Star with the Training Tracker Tool! Webinar
- Thursday, August 12, 2020, 11 a.m.
- This live webinar will feature a demonstration on how to use the Professional Standards Training Tracker Tool (PSTTT)! It will highlight both existing and new features of the PSTTT and provide the user tips, so you can make the best of this helpful tool
- Register for the Track Training Like a Star with the Training Tracker Tool Webinar
- To access the PSTTT, visit the USDA PSTTT website
The Food Buying Guide for CNPs training modules
- Release date TBA
- The Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) presents three new training modules on the Food Buying Guide for CNPs. By completing these training modules, you can make your meal planning easier by gaining an understanding of the following resources:
- The Food Buying Guide for CNPs
- The Recipe Analysis Workbook
- Child Nutrition Labels and Product Formulation Statements
- A URL for accessing the ICN training modules on the ICN eLearning portal is forthcoming
Existing TN Virtual Learning Opportunities
The Professional Standards Training Database
The Professional Standards Training Database allows CNP Operators to search for trainings to meet their virtual learning needs in one location. Access trainings on the Professional Standards Training Database web page .
Crediting Updates to the CNPs: Be in the Know! Webinar Series
This webinar series provides a detailed look at policy memo SP 08-2019, CACFP 02-2019, SFSP 02-2019: Update of Food Crediting in the CNPs and other related memos. Access the webinars and policy memos on the USDA Crediting Update to the CNP: Be in the Know! Webinar Series web page .