Environmental Education/Literacy Grant ProgramInformation on current grant opportunities related to the environment.
Environmental Education Grant Program
The Environmental Education Grant Program (EEGP) has the primary purpose of supporting programs and projects which will result in long-term educational benefits to potentially all California educators and/or students.
Request for Applications
In 2021, the California Department of Education (CDE) received an allocation of $360,000 from the Environmental License Plate Funds (ELPF) to be distributed per Public Resources Code Chapter 1105 Section 21190 (c) "for the purposes of this subdivision to fund environmental education programs of school districts, other local schools, state agencies other than the State Department of Education, and community organizations.” The 2021-22 Request for Applications (RFA) for the California Environmental Literacy Projects is available for viewing.
Current Funding Results
- The 2020-21 Environmental Literacy Grant Program funding results are available for viewing.
- The 2019-20 Environmental Literacy Grant Program funding results are available for viewing.
- The 2018-19 Environmental Literacy Grant Program funding results are available for viewing.
Past Funding Results
In 2017, the state legislature approved an allocation to CDE from the following sources: ELPF and Budget Act of 2017, Item 6100-488-0001, Provision 6. These funds were distributed through the Environmental Education Program.
- The 2017-18 Environmental Education Grant Program funding results are available for viewing. The projects awarded from the 2016-17 Environmental Education Grant Program RFA were provided one more year of funding.
- The 2017-18 CREEC 2017 Budget Act Provision funding results are available for viewing.