CA CCSS Instructional Leadership GuideInformation about the California Common Core State Standards (CA CCSS) Instructional Leadership Guide.
The California Common Core State Standards Instructional Leadership Guide , housed on the Digital Chalkboard Web site, is meant to be a companion resource to California’s Mathematics Framework and English Language Arts/English Language Development (ELA/ELD) Framework. Developed by the California Department of Education, in partnership with the El Dorado County Office of Education and Butte County Office of Education, and with the help of California educators and students, the purpose of this resource is to build the capacity of instructional leaders as they address complex questions and challenges related to the implementation of the California Common Core State Standards (CA CCSS).
This resource includes:
- Classroom videos that feature emerging practices for instruction aligned to the CA CCSS;
- Panel videos that feature California instructional leaders discussing how they are addressing the above challenges and questions at their respective sites;
- A variety of research-based resources that may be used to deepen understanding and build capacity at the local level; and
- Connections to the California Professional Standards for Education Leaders.
This resource was designed for use by instructional leaders, including district and site administrators, as well as teacher leaders, and may be used collaboratively and/or independently to accomplish a variety of efforts, including:
- Deepening understanding of what the CA CCSS look like in action
- Gaining new or expanding existing skills
- Establishing expectations
- Informing and engaging the community
- Educating and preparing prospective administrators
Please share the CA CCSS IL Guide Flyer (PDF) to help promote this resource.