2023 Annual Rulemaking Calendar
Government Code Section 11017.6 requires every state agency responsible for implementing a statute that requires interpretation pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act to prepare, by January 30, a rulemaking calendar for that year. The rulemaking calendar must be: (1) prepared in accordance with the format specified by the Office of Administrative Law; (2) approved by the head of the department or, if the rulemaking agency is an entity other than a department, by the officer, board, commission, or other entity which has been delegated the authority to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations; and (3) published in the California Regulatory Notice Register.
The 2023 Annual Rulemaking Calendar submitted for the California Department of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and the California State Board of Education is listed below.
Schedule A: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted During the Year 2022
- Administration of Anti-Seizure Medications (DOCX)
- California State Preschool Program – Children with Exceptional Needs (DOCX)
- California State Preschool Program – Eligibility and Priority (DOCX)
- California State Preschool Program – Rate Reform (DOCX)
Schedule B: Proposed Regulations Implementing Statutes Enacted Prior to the Year 2022
- California High School Proficiency Examination – Emergency Regulations (DOCX)
- California High School Proficiency Examination - Permanent Regulations (DOCX)
- Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources (DOCX)
- High School Equivalency Certificates (DOCX)
- Independent Study (DOCX)
- Nutrition Services Programs including Mandatory Meals for Needy Pupils, Nutrition Education, School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, Competitive Foods and Complaint Procedures (DOCX)
- School Districts Budget Review - Reserves (DOCX)