California Association of Student CouncilsRepository archive entry for the California Association of Student Councils program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on May 11, 2017.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, funding for the California Association of Student Councils (CASC) was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 42605
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-242-0001
- Funds were provided to the CASC to provide leadership development opportunities for student council members from schools statewide or for any other educational purpose.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 0000 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a recipient of funds could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Friday, May 12, 2017