End of Year Data Submissions for 2015-16
Dear Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Funded Agencies:
END-OF-YEAR DATA SUBMISSIONS FOR 2015–16
This letter serves as a reminder and assistance to adult education agencies funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) Sections 225/231 and English Literacy and Civics Education. For a list of all due dates and required submissions, please access the Beginning-of-Year Letter dated August 6, 2015, posted on the California Department of Education Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/wioa15new.asp, or the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) Web page at https://www.casas.org/training-and-support/casas-peer-communities/california-accountability/cde-beginning-and-end-of-year-letters-for-accountability-requirements. Data-related submissions sent to our contractor, CASAS, must be received on or before August 1, 2016.
Any agency closing or ending the school year before June 30, 2016, must complete its data through the last day of classes and submit all end-of-year deliverables on or before August 1, 2016. Failure to submit any 2015–16 deliverables will affect current year payments and future funding.
After agencies submit the end-of-year data on August 1, 2016, all data submission disputes must be resolved no later than September 1, 2016.
Adult schools with high school diploma programs can claim students “Earned High School Diplomas” only when they have (a) successfully completed all coursework required by the state and local districts.
Agencies must submit the following data and accountability requirements (see Attachment 3 [http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/wioa15eoyatt3.asp]) for additional recommendations and troubleshooting tips):
- Complete the TOPSpro® Enterprise Adult Education Personnel Wizard for the 2015–16 Program Year (PY) before submitting an agency-level export of your TOPSpro® Enterprise data (Attachment 1).
- Complete and submit an agency-level export of your TOPSpro® Enterprise data (Attachment 1 [http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/wioa15eoyatt1.asp]).
- Create, print, and submit (via mail, e-mail, or fax) a Data Integrity Report from your TOPSpro® Enterprise database for the full 2015–16 PY: July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016 (Attachment 1).
- Create, print, and submit (via mail, e-mail, or fax) a Payment Points Summary Report (New) from your TOPSpro® Enterprise database for the full 2015–16 PY: July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016 (Attachment 1).
- Complete and mail the End-of-Year Data Submission Certification Letter (Attachment 2 [http://staging.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/fg/documents/wioa15eoyatt2.doc]).
- Enter the results of your Third Quarter Core Performance Follow-Up Measures Survey by running the Core Performance Wizard in your TOPSpro® Enterprise software.
- Enter the results of your Fourth Quarter Core Performance Follow-Up Measures Survey by running the Core Performance Wizard in your TOPSpro® Enterprise software for the full 2015–16 PY: July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016, on or before October 31, 2016.
Please ensure your agency’s submissions reach the CASAS on or before August 1, 2016. Your agency’s primary contact should receive an e-mail confirmation from the CASAS for each of these deliverables within one week of the date received. If you do not receive a confirmation for a specific deliverable, it was probably not received by the CASAS, and agencies should follow up with the CASAS to avoid noncompliance issues.
If you need further assistance, please contact the CASAS California Accountability Program Manager by phone at 800-255-1036 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original signed by Christian Nelson. A hard copy of the signed document is available by contacting the Adult Education Office by phone at 916-322-2175.
Christian Nelson, Administrator
Adult Education Office
1430 N Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901