End-of-Year Data Submission InformationInformation and instructions for awarded WIOA, Title II: AEFLA grantees on data submission for satisfactory compliance.
Attention: Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Funded Agencies:
End-of-Year Data Submissions For 2019–20
This notice serves as a reminder and assistance to adult education agencies funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Sections 225, 231 and Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education Section 243. For a list of all due dates and required submissions, please access the Program and Accountability Guidance Information, posted on the California Department of Education website. Data-related submissions sent to our contractor, the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS), must be received on or before July 15, 2020.
Any agency closing or ending the school year before June 30, 2020, must complete its data through the last day of classes and submit all end-of-year deliverables on or before July 15, 2020. Failure to submit any 2019–20 deliverables will affect current year payments and future funding.
After agencies submit the end-of-year data on July 15, 2020, all data submission disputes must be resolved no later than August 1, 2020.
Agencies must submit the following data and accountability requirements (see Submitting Accurate and Complete Data for additional recommendations and troubleshooting tips):
- Complete the TOPSpro® Enterprise Adult Education Personnel information for the 2019–20 Program Year (PY) in TOPSpro® Enterprise data (Data Submission Instructions).
- Complete the fourth quarter Employment and Earnings Survey requirement for the 2019–20 PY (Data Submission Instructions).
- Verify all student data is complete and accurate before submitting your end-of-year TOPSpro® Enterprise data.
- Generate, export, and submit (via email) a National Reporting System (NRS) Data Integrity Report from your TOPSpro® Enterprise database for the full 2019–20 PY: July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020, (Data Submission Instructions).
- Complete and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the End of the Year Data Submission Certification Letter (PDF).
- Verify, complete, and submit via email the Official Payment Points Certification Letter by August 1, 2020. CASAS will email agencies the Official Payment Points Certification Letter once the CASAS has received all Data Submission requirements.
Please ensure your agency’s submissions reach the CASAS on or before July 15, 2020. Your agency’s primary contact should receive an email confirmation from the CASAS for each of these deliverables within one week of the date received. If you do not receive a confirmation for a specific deliverable, it was probably not received by the CASAS, and agencies should follow up with the CASAS to avoid noncompliance issues.
Agencies with High School Equivalency (HSE) Programs: The High School Equivalency and Outreach Office at the California Department of Education will perform a data match on HSE payment points in the fall of 2020. This may affect the final HSE payment point outcomes after the data certification deadline. The payment points are used to determine future awards.
Agencies with High School Diploma Programs: Agencies can mark “Earned High School Diploma” when student has successfully completed all coursework required by the state and local districts.
If you need further assistance, please contact the CASAS California Accountability Program Manager by phone at 800-255-1036 or by email at email@example.com.