Data Collection and Accountability RequirementsThe Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) grant recipients must complete the following requirements and submit the required documentation by the deadlines listed below.
Data Accountability and Implementation Training
At least one representative from each funded agency must complete one National Reporting System (NRS) for Adult Education California Accountability training and one Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) Implementation Training by January 31, 2020. The California Department of Education (CDE) encourages local agencies to adopt a team approach for training and continuous improvement in managing data outcomes. For more information about training sessions and registration, please access CASAS Training and Networking [https://www.casas.org/training-and-support/casas-peer-communities/california-adult-education-accountability-and-assessment/training-and-networking] .
- Collect data on all AEFLA adult learners between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020.
- Complete enrollment information for each adult learner in any of the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA funded instructional programs as soon as the learner enters the class.
- Update status for all adult learners who have 12 or more hours of instruction.
- Record instructional hours for all adult learners in TOPSpro® Enterprise (TE) at a minimum of once a month.
- Administer a CASAS pretest and post-test to all WIOA, Title II: AEFLA adult learners.
- Manually enter, scan, or transfer records into TE software. These records must be completed each quarter, and each quarterly data submission must be as complete and accurate as possible.
- Record learner’s email and cell phone number in TE software for the Core Performance Employment and Earnings quarterly survey.
- Submit quarterly and end-of-year data to CASAS. All data submissions must be received by CASAS on or before each due date.
- CASAS will provide each agency with a list of adult learners required to complete the Employment and Earnings Follow-up Survey eachSecond and Fourth Quarterafter exit.
- For agencies providing California English Literacy and Civics Education (EL Civics) services under WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Sections 231 or 243, select at least one Civic Objective and Additional Assessment Plan (COAAP) by October 31, 2019. Final COAAP selections must be made by April 30, 2020.
- Complete the Professional Development Plan and submit to the Outreach and Technical Assistance Network (OTAN) by October 31, 2019.
- Complete the Technology and Distance Learning Plan and submit to the OTAN by January 31, 2020.
- Agencies receiving the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Section 243 funds must complete an Integrated EL Civics Plan and submit to CASAS by April 30, 2020.
- Complete and submit online to CASAS the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Program Implementation Survey by April 30, 2020.
- Agencies administering the Citizenship Interview Test must complete recertification by April 30, 2020.
- Annually certify that local procedures for collecting and reporting data conform to the NRS Standards and the California Assessment Policy Guidelines 2019–20, and also certify that local policies have been updated in accordance with the Local Assessment Policy Guidelines. Policy guidelines and a template are located at CDE Resources [http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ae/ir/index.asp].
- Agencies submit a PDF copy of their quarterly Data Integrity Report via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Agencies must submit all data and fiscal requirements listed in Attachment 2 on or before each due date.