October 2018 SAC Meeting AgendaAgenda for the October 24, 2018, meeting of the California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care (SAC).
California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care
California Department of Social Services
744 P Street, Auditorium, Room 9-02-205
Sacramento, CA 95814
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Mark Friedman, Chair
- Natalie Woods Andrews
- Ann Louise Bonnitto
- Sydney Fisher-Larson
- Kim Johnson
- Camille Maben
- Sarah Neville-Morgan
- Michael Olenick
- Julie A. Taylor Souliere
- Veronica Ufoegbune
- Richard Winefield
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
Item 1: Welcome and Introductions
Item 2: State Budget Legislative Updates
- Julian Cuevas, Legislative Policy Representative, Government Affairs Division, California Department of Education (CDE)
Item 3: Project HOPE
- Kim Nall, Colusa Indian Community Council, Hand in Hand Learning Center Director
- Sarah Neville-Morgan, Director, Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD), CDE
Item 4: Preschool Development Grants 2.0
- Sarah Neville-Morgan, Director, ELCD, CDE
- Erin Gabel, Director, Governmental and External Affairs, First 5 California
Item 5: Overall Planning: Early Education State Wide
Richard Winefield, Former Executive Director, BANANAS, Inc.
Item 6: Getting Down to Facts
- Deborah Stipek, Professor of Education, Stanford University
Public Comment will be heard following each item above.
February 27, 2019
June 26, 2019
October 30, 2019
Adjournment of Meeting
The Order of Business May Be Changed Without Notice
Public comment is taken on each agenda item. Prior to making your comments, please state your name for the record and identify any group or organization you represent. Depending on the number of individuals wishing to address the commission, the chair may establish specific time limits on presentations.
Reasonable Accommodation for Any Individual With A Disability
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function may request assistance by contacting the Early Learning and Care Division, 1430 N Street, Suite 3410, Sacramento, CA, 916-322-6233.