July 26, 2017 SAC Meeting AgendaAgenda for the July 26, 2017, meeting of the California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care (SAC).
California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care
California Department of Social Services
744 P Street, Auditorium, Room 9-02-205
Sacramento, CA 95814
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
9 a.m. – Noon
- Mark Friedman, Chair
- Natalie Woods Andrews
- Samuel Bersola
- Ann Louise Bonnitto
- Pete Cervinka
- Sydney Fisher-Larson
- Michael Olenick
- Richard Winefield
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
Item 1: Welcome and Introductions
Item 2: Budget Update
- Jennifer Kuhn, Deputy Legislative Analyst (Education), Legislative Analyst’s Office
- Brianna Bruns, Finance Budget Analyst, California Department of Finance
Item 3: Quality Rating and Improvement System
- Cecelia Fisher-Dahms, Administrator, Quality Improvement Office, Early Education and Support Division, California Department of Education
- Erin Dubey, Administrator, Early Learning and Healthy Development Office, First 5 California
Item 4: Child Care and Development Block Grant Update
- Guadalupe Romo-Zendejas, Administrator, Policy Office, Early Education and Support Division, California Department of Education
Item 5: Comprehensive Approach to Early Learning in California
Richard Winefield, State Advisory Council Member
Public Comment will be heard following each item above.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Adjournment of Meeting
The Order of Business May Be Changed Without Notice
Public comment is taken on each agenda item. Prior to making your comments, please state your name for the record and identify any group or organization you represent. Depending on the number of individuals wishing to address the commission, the chair may establish specific time limits on presentations.
Reasonable Accommodation for Any Individual With A Disability
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function may request assistance by contacting the Early Education and Support Division, 1430 N Street, Suite 3410, Sacramento, CA, 916-322-6233.