January 2016 SAC Meeting AgendaAgenda for the January 2016 meeting of the California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care (SAC).
California State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care
California Department of Social Services
744 P Street, Auditorium, Room 9-02-205
Sacramento, CA 95814
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mark Friedman, Chair
- Natalie Woods Andrews
- Ann Louise Bonnitto
- Magdalena Carrasco
- Pete Cervinka
- Sydney Fisher-Larson
- Mark Friedman
- Katie Heidorn
- Debra McMannis
- Michael Olenick
- Marguerite Ries
- Richard Winefield
The order of business is approximate and subject to change.
Item 1: Welcome and Introductions
- Form 700: Statement of Economic Interests
Item 2: Budget Update
- Jessica Holmes, Finance Budget Analyst, California Department of Finance
- Virginia Early, Fiscal and Policy Analyst, Legislative Analyst’s Office
Item 3: Letter to the Governor
- Michael Olenick, President and Chief Executive Director, Child Care Resource Center
Item 4: Talk, Read, Sing
- Katie Heidorn, Assistant Secretary, Health and Human Services Agency
- First 5 Statewide Commission
Item 5: Child Care and Development Block Grant Update and Input
- Marguerite Ries, Administrator, Policy Office, Early Education and Support Division, California Department of Education
- Cecelia Fisher-Dahms, Administrator, Quality Improvement Office, Early Education and Support Division, California Department of Education
- Shanice Boyette, Chief, Policy and Administrative Support Bureau, Community Care Licensing Division, California Department of Social Services
- Paula d’Albenas, Program Administrator, Community Care Licensing Division, California Department of Social Services
- Kim Kruckel, Executive Director, Child Care Law Center
- Linda Asato, Executive Director, California Resource and Referral Network
- Public input on California’s Responses to the 2016–18 CCDF State Plan Preprint Draft
Public Comment will be heard following each item above.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE
Public comment is taken on each agenda item. Prior to making your comments, please state your name for the record and identify any group or organization you represent. Depending on the number of individuals wishing to address the commission, the chair may establish specific time limits on presentations.
Materials available for this meeting are posted on the State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care Web site no later than the Monday preceding the meeting. Any person who wishes to request this notice or other meeting materials in an alternative format, requires translation services, or needs any disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, which would enable that person to participate at the meeting, must make that request at least seven days prior to the meeting date to the Early Education and Support Division (contact information below).
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function may request assistance by contacting the Early Education and Support Division, 1430 N Street, Suite 3410, Sacramento, CA, 916-322-6233.