CalWORKs Stage 2 Child Care FAQsFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding CalWORKs Stage 2 Child Care.
When a Stage 1 Program has an eligible parent ready to transfer to Stage 2, what information is required before they can be transferred into the Stage 2 Program?
When a family is transferring from Stage 1 into Stage 2, the sending Stage 1 contractor must provide information listed in the nine data elements (below) to the receiving Stage 2 Program. All elements must be received by the Stage 2 contractor before the family can be transferred.
The nine data elements are as follows:
- The parent’s(s) full name(s), address(es), and telephone number(s);
- The names and birth dates of all children under the age of eighteen living with the family, regardless of whether they are served in a CalWORKs Program;
- The number of hours of child care needed each day for each child;
- The names of other family members in the household who are related by blood, marriage, or adoption;
- The reason for needing child care services;
- Family size and adjusted monthly income; if not a current cash aid recipient;
- Employment or training information for parent(s) including name and address of employer(s) or training institution(s) and days and hours of employment or training;
- Provider reimbursement rate; and
- The name, address, and telephone number of the child care provider.
Are agencies required to use the Transfer of Enrollment Sheet?
No. The Transfer of Enrollment Sheet is provided as a resource to help contractors fulfill the requirement to have the parent certify that the nine data elements received by the Stage 2 contractor are accurate. Agencies may develop and use their own form.