Skip to main content
California Department of Education Logo

Continued Funding Application FAQs

Fiscal Year 2019-20 Frequently Asked Questions and answers.

Answers to Questions relating to Management Bulletin (MB) 18-08 on Continued Funding Application

Management Bulletin 18-08

Continued Funding Application (CFA)

  1. How many copies of the Continued Funding Application (CFA) do I need to submit?

    All agencies must submit (one) 1 original, and 2 copies of the completed CFA.

  1. When is the CFA due?

    The completed CFA package must be received by the Early Education and Support Division (EESD) on or before 5 p.m. November 8, 2018.

  1. Can I submit an electronic signature?

    No. The EESD will only accept original signatures in blue-ink.
  1. Can the Legal Business Address in Section I: Contractor Information be a residence?

    Maybe. The Legal Business Address may be a residence if the contractor is headquartered at a residence. The Legal Business Address entered in this section must match the contractor’s Legal Address on file in the Child Development Management Information System (CDMIS) database.
  1. I do not have changes to my Program Narrative. Do I need to complete Section V: Program Narrative?

    Yes. All contractors must complete the Section V.
  1. Do I need to submit the names of my Board of Directors?

    Yes. All contractors who have a governing Board of Directors must include the contact information for each governing officer. Contractors who do not have a Board of Directors must provide an explanation of why their organization does not have governing officers.
  1. I solely operate an Alternative Payment Program. Do I submit the Personnel Certification form?

    No. Section VI: Personnel Certification is not required for agencies who only operate Alternative Payment programs.

  1. I do not have a subcontractor, do I need a signature on the Subcontract Certification form?

    Yes. All contractors must sign Section VII: Subcontract Certification.
  1. May I abbreviate my legal name if it does not fit in the space provided?

    No. Contractors should enter their complete legal name, as it appears on the signed and approved fiscal year (FY) 2018–19 contract face sheet.
  1. My agency operates Alternative Payment (AP) programs only. Do I need complete Section VII: Subcontract Certification?

    No. Agencies who operate solely AP programs do not need to complete Section VII: Subcontract Certification.

  1. Is an increase or decrease in my minimum days of operation (MDO) considered a program narrative change?

    Yes. Any deviation from the MDO currently approved in your signed and executed 2018–19 contract constitutes a program narrative change. Select the checkboxes for the program types with MDO changes in Section V-A of the application. Then, to provide further detail on the MDO change, download and attach the Program Narrative Change Form EESD 3704A (PDF).
  1. Can the Contractor’s Officers and Board of Directors form have the same information for all members?

    No. Each member should include their personal address, email and phone not associated with the organization they are affiliated with.

Return to Top

Questions:   Early Education and Support Division | 916-322-6233
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 6, 2018
Recently Posted in Child Development
  • Management Bulletin 19-03 (added 17-Jun-2019)
    Management Bulletin 19-03 provides child care providers with the State Median Income and Income Ranking Table for Fiscal Year 2019-20.
  • Management Bulletin 19-02 (added 14-May-2019)
    Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation Services and Adjustment Factors.
  • CDMIS Update #25 (added 07-May-2019)
    This web page contains information pertaining to the CDMIS update #25.