Skip to main content
California Department of Education Logo

Continued Funding Application FAQs

Fiscal Year 2020-21 Frequently Asked Questions and answers.

Answers to Questions relating to Management Bulletin (MB) 19-07 on Continued Funding Application

Management Bulletin 19-07

Continued Funding Application (CFA)

  1. How many copies of the Continued Funding Application (CFA) do I need to submit?

    All agencies must submit (one) 1 original, and 2 copies of the completed CFA.

  1. When is the CFA due?

    The completed CFA package must be received by the Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD) on or before 5 p.m. November 5, 2019.

  1. Can I submit an electronic signature?

    No. The ELCD will only accept original signatures in blue-ink.
  1. Can the Legal Business Address in Section I: Contractor Information be a residence?

    Maybe. The Legal Business Address may be a residence if the contractor is headquartered at a residence. The Legal Business Address entered in this section must match the contractor’s Legal Address on file in the Child Development Management Information System (CDMIS) database.
  1. I do not have changes to my Program Narrative. Do I need to complete Section V: Program Narrative?

    Yes. All contractors must complete the Section V.
  1. Do I need to submit the names of my Board of Directors?

    Yes. All contractors who have a governing Board of Directors must include the contact information for each governing officer. Contractors who do not have a Board of Directors must provide an explanation of why their organization does not have governing officers.
  1. I solely operate an Alternative Payment Program. Do I submit the Personnel Certification form?

    No. Section VI: Personnel Certification is not required for agencies who only operate Alternative Payment programs.

  1. I do not have a subcontractor, do I need a signature on the Subcontract Certification form?

    Yes. All contractors must sign Section VII: Subcontract Certification.
  1. May I abbreviate my legal name if it does not fit in the space provided?

    No. Contractors should enter their complete legal name, as it appears on the signed and approved fiscal year (FY) 2019–20 contract face sheet.
  1. My agency operates Alternative Payment (AP) programs only. Do I need complete Section VII: Subcontract Certification?

    No. Agencies who operate solely AP programs do not need to complete Section VII: Subcontract Certification.

  1. Is an increase or decrease in my minimum days of operation (MDO) considered a program narrative change?

    Yes. Any deviation from the MDO currently approved in your signed and executed 2019–20 contract constitutes a program narrative change. Select the checkboxes for the program types with MDO changes in Section V-A of the application. Then, to provide further detail on the MDO change, download and attach the Program Narrative Change Form ELCD 3704A (PDF).
  1. Are we required to submit the Personnel Roster in the Continued Funding Application?

    Management Bulletin (MB) 13-08, Personnel Roster Data Spreadsheet (PRDS), which requires contractors to submit their PRDS by October 31 of each year, has been rescinded. Contractors are no longer required to submit the PRDS to the California Department of Education, ELCD.

    Contractors are encouraged to participate in the Workforce Registry until further guidance from the ELCD. The web site for the Workforce Registry is External link opens in new window or tab..

  2. Can the Contractor’s Officers and Board of Directors form have the same information for all members?

    No. Each member should include their personal address, email and phone not associated with the organization they are affiliated with.

Return to CFA web page

Return to Top

Questions:   Early Learning and Care Division | 916-322-6233
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Recently Posted in Child Development