Program Self-Evaluation FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019-20 Program Self-Evaluation (PSE)
1. How has the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019–20 Program Self-Evaluation (PSE) form ELCD 4000 changed from last year's form?
The FY 2019–20 PSE form ELCD 4000 includes the following additions, changes, and/or reminders:
- Recommendation to download the latest version of Adobe Reader to ensure access to the FY 2019–20 PSE form ELCD 4000.
- Contractors are to submit only one (1) ELCD 4000 per contractor.
- Statement of Completion paragraph has been revised.
- Contractors will now click on the Program Review Instrument (PRI) link to complete Items 1 through 20 as applicable to their contract type(s).
- Desired Results Development Profile (PRI Item 8) checkbox has been removed.
- Desired Results Parent Survey (Center-based Contract, PRI Item 9) checkbox has been removed.
- Parent Survey (Alternative Payment and/or Resource and Referral Contract, PRI Item 9) checkbox has been removed.
- Age Appropriate Environment Rating Scales (PRI Item 18) checkbox has been removed.
- Submission requirement is included at the bottom of page one (1).
2. What forms are required for submittal to the California Department of Education (CDE)/Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD)?
The Form ELCD 4000 pages one (1) through four (4) are required for submission. All pages, including additional sheets, must be submitted together, as one document, electronically in PDF format, using the current FY and the contractor’s legal name in the subject line.
- Example: 19-20 XYZ School District
3. What is the deadline for the Summary of the PSE to the CDE/ELCD?
The PSE must be submitted on or before Monday, June 1, 2020.
4. Is there a consequence for submitting a late or for failing to submit the form ELCD 4000?
Yes. Submitting the form ELCD 4000 late or failing to submit the form ELCD 4000 may result in a noncompliance finding.
5. Do all contractors need to use all componenets of the PSE process (Program Instrument, Desired Results parent Survey, Age Appropriate Environment Rating Scale, and Desired Results Development Profile)?
Contractors with Alternative Payment and/or Resource and Referral Programs are required to complete the Program Instrument and the Desired Results Parent Survey.
Contractors with Center-based programs and/or Family Child Care Home Education Networks are required to complete the Program Instrument, Age Appropriate Environment Rating Scale, Desired Results Parent Survey, and the Desired Results Development Profile.Note: ALL documents required, as part of the PSE process, must be kept on-site, are not included with the submission of the PSE form ELCD 4000, and made available for review and/or submittal to the CDE/ELCD upon request.
6. Are contractors required to send one PSE form ELCD 4000 per contract type?
No. Submit only one PSE form ELCD 4000 per contractor. All contract types are to be included in the summary answers.
7. Can contractors use Quality Rating Improvement Systems ratings to complete the PSE form ELCD 4000?
8. Can contractors use other self-evaluations (i.e. Head Start) to complete the PSE form ELCD 4000?
9. Can contractors use electronic surveys to collect and analyze parent survey data?
10. Will we recieve an automatic reply once our PSE form ELCD 4000 has been submitted?
Yes. The automatic e-mail will be sent once the PSE form ELCD 4000 has been received.