Program Self-Evaluation FAQsFrequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Program Self-Evaluations (PSE).
Fiscal Year (FY) 2017-18 PSE FAQs
How has the 2017–18 Program Self-Evaluation (PSE) changed from last year’s PSE?
The 2017–18 PSE form EESD 4000 includes the following changes:
- PSE form name is now EESD 4000 and is four (4) pages in length.
- Contractor information is included on page one (1).
- Check the box(s) for the contract type(s) administered by the contractor.
- Check the box(s) for the Age Group type(s) administered by Center-based contractors.
- Statement to clarify that the signature of the Executive or Program Director matches the printed name on the form EESD 4000.
- Submission requirement is listed at the bottom of page one (1).
- Summary of Program Self-Evaluation starts on page two (2) and ends on page four (4). Answers are limited to the space provided. Attach additional sheets as necessary.
What forms are required for submittal to the California Department of Education (CDE)/Early Education and Support Division (EESD)?
The Form EESD 4000 pages one (1) through four (4). All pages must be submitted together, as one document, electronically in PDF format, using the fiscal year and the contractor’s legal name in the subject line.
- Example: 17-18 XYZ School District
What is the deadline for the Summary of the PSE to EESD/CDE?
The PSE must be submitted on or before Friday, June 1, 2018, at 5 p.m.
Is there a consequence for submitting the PSE late, or for failing to submit the PSE?
Yes. Submitting the PSE late or failing to submit the PSE may result in a noncompliance finding.
Do all contractors need to use all components of the PSE process (Program Instrument, Desired Results Parent Survey, Age Appropriate Environment Rating Scale, and Desired Results Development Profile)?
Contractors with Alternative Payment and/or Resource and Referral Programs are required to complete the Program Instrument (Form 4001) and the Desired Results Parent Survey (Form 4003).
Contractors with Center-based programs and/or Family Child Care Home Education Networks are required to complete the Program Instrument (Form 4001), Age Appropriate Environment Rating Scale (Form 4002), Desired Results Parent Survey (Form 4003), and the Desired Results Development Profile (Form 4004).Note: ALL documents required, as part of the PSE process, must be kept on-site, are not included with the submission of the EESD 4000, and made available for review and/or submittal to the CDE/EESD upon request.
Are contractors required to send one EESD 4000 per contract type?
No. Only one EESD 4000 per contractor is required.Note: Pages two (2) through four (4) are limited to the space provided. Attach additional sheets as necessary.
Can contractors use outside ratings to complete the PSE?
Can contractors use electronic surveys to collect and analyze parent survey data?
Will we receive an automatic reply once our PSE has been submitted?
Yes. The automatic e-mail will be sent once the PSE has been received.