ARPA Survey InformationThis page contains the survey questions contained in the ARPA Stabilization Fund Application.
The purpose of this webpage is to provide California State Preschool Program (CSPP) contractors with the questions contained in a survey that is required in order to receive American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) stabilization funding. This survey is being conducted via a Snap Survey. The link to the survey was emailed from the email address ARPASurvey@cde.ca.gov on September 24, 2021 to individuals identified as Program Directors in the Child Development Management Information System (CDMIS).
Recipients of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) stabilization funding must complete a survey which will serve as the contractor's application to determine eligibility prior to receiving ARPA funding.
As provided by Assembly Bill 131 and the 2021 Budget, recipients of the ARPA stabilization funding must complete an application or survey to ensure eligibility prior to receiving ARPA funding. CSPP recipients include:
- Individual CSPP Sites
- Family Childcare Home Education Network (FCCHEN) providers
For CSPP contractors with multiple sites, one survey must be completed for each individual site. Similarly, for CSPP contractors operating FCCHENs, one survey must be completed by each provider. The contractor has the option to submit the survey on behalf of sites or providers, provided the contractor has the information necessary from the site or provider. This survey will determine eligibility for ARPA fund allocations, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Rate increases
- Secondary provider payments when the CSPP FCCHEN providers were paid for non-operational days for other COVID-19 related closures.
- Reimbursement to CSPP FCCHEN providers based on certified hours of care rather than Attendance.
To qualify for ARPA funding, an individual CSPP site or a family child care home must be either:
- Open or
- Temporarily closed due to a public health order, financial hardship, or other reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, a program must be either:
- Licensed, regulated, or registered on or before March 11, 2021, or
- Meet all currently required Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) health and safety requirements, including the completion of comprehensive background checks.
Section 1: General Information
Please include the following information:
- CSPP Contractor Name
- Site or FCCHEN Licensee Name
- Site Location Address
- Site Location City
- Site Location Zip Code
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Director/Site Supervisor/Administrator
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Gender Identity
What type of CSPP program is offered at this site?
- Direct Service licensed CSPP
- License-Exempt CSPP
- Licensed Family Childcare Home Education Network, funded by the CSPP
Please select the option(s) that apply to this site:
- The CSPP was licensed, regulated, or registered on or before March 11, 2021
- To the best of my knowledge, the CSPP meets all currently required Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) health and safety requirements, including the completion of comprehensive background checks
- None of the above
What is the current status of this site?
- As of the date the survey is being submitted, CSPP program is temporarily closed due to a public health order, financial hardship, or other reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Enter the date you intend to reopen
- None of the above
Indicate all of the days of operation and provide the hours of operation for that day:
Site Licensing Information
Does the site have a license-exempt classroom or is the site license exempt?
If yes, please complete the following fields with data related to sites and/or classrooms with license-exempt enrollments. Responses should include data for subsidized and non-subsidized children receiving care in the site and/or classroom that is license exempt, and include all children regardless of age and program or contract type. This data should not be specific to CSPP enrollments. Rather, it should encompass all enrollments for all children being served in a license exempt classroom.
Age groups receiving care at the unlicensed site and/or classroom:
- School Age
- Please provide the capacity for the unlicensed site or classroom.
How many licenses does this site hold?
Please provide the license number(s) for this site:
- License Number 1 (if applicable):
- License Number 2 (if applicable):
- License Number 3 (if applicable):
- License Number 4 (if applicable):
Please complete the following fields with site license information. Responses should include data for subsidized and non-subsidized children, and all children regardless of age and program or contract type. This data should not be specific to CSPP enrollments. Rather, it should encompass all enrollments for all children under a license at the site.
Site license information:
- Type of license
- School Age
- Please provide the licensed capacity for this license number:
- License Number 1 Capacity (if applicable):
- License Number 2 Capacity (if applicable):
- License Number 3 Capacity (if applicable):
- License Number 4 Capacity (if applicable):
APPA funds provided to a CSPP may only be used for one or more of the categories listed below. Please mark which categories you will support with the funding received. You may expend ARPA funds differently than anticipated at the time this survey was completed.
- Personnel costs, benefits, premium pay, and recruitment and retention.
- Rent or mortgage payments, utilities, facilities maintenance and improvements, or insurance.
- Personal protective equipment, cleaning and sanitation supplies and services.
- Training and professional development related to health and safety practices.
- Purchases of, or updates to, equipment and supplies to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Goods and services necessary to maintain or resume child care services.
- Mental health supports for children and employees.
If you have questions regarding this survey, please email us at ARPASurvey@cde.ca.gov