Input Opportunities for 2019-21 CCDF State PlanInformation regarding public input opportunities for the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Fiscal Year 2019-21.
In addition to testimony at the public hearings, written testimony is accepted by mail, fax, or e-mail. All written comment must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 21, 2018.
Draft CCDF Preprint for Public Comment (DOCX; Dated 04-Apr-2018)
How to Submit Written Testimony
By Mail: Written comments on the proposed State Plan should be addressed to:
State Plan Public Hearing Coordinator
Early Education and Support Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 3410
Sacramento, CA 95814
By E-Mail: Please use the following e-mail address: email@example.com
By Fax: Please use the following fax number for written comments: 916-323-6853
The purpose of the Federal Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) is to increase the availability, affordability, and quality of early care and education services. Your comments and suggestions will help ensure that the CCDF State Plan being proposed will fulfill this purpose.
If you have any questions about the CCDF State Plan public hearings, please contact the Early Education and Support Division, Policy Office by phone at 916-322-6233, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person Public Testimomy Opportunity
Please note that public testimony in Sacramento will be held at the Yolo County Office of Education.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
9 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
|Agency||Address and Contact Information|
|Fresno County Office of Education||
Lighthouse for Children
|San Bernardino County Office of Education||
1950 S. Sunwest, Suite 300
|Santa Clara County Office of Education||
|Santa Barbara County Office of Education
Cabinet Conference Room, 2nd Floor
|Yolo County Office of Education||1280 Santa Anita Court
Woodland, CA 95776
Guidelines For Public Testimony Whether Verbal or Written
Individuals who do not have access to the Internet should be able to obtain access at most local public library branches throughout California.
This announcement includes the following:
- Description of the topical input sessions and public hearing process
- Guidelines for public testimony, whether verbal or written
- Hearing and testimony time frames, and instructions for submitting written testimony
The focus of the public hearings is exclusively on the draft State Plan and testimony, whether verbal or written, and must only address its contents. To assist in preparing testimony, the following guidance clarifies what is to be included.
The public hearing is:
- An opportunity for individuals and organizations to provide comments on specific items contained in the proposed Plan. Please reference the section number, heading, and page number in each comment.
- An opportunity to indicate support, opposition, suggested changes, additions, or deletions pertaining to specific items. Please offer constructive solutions in your statement.
The public hearing is not:
- A forum to recommend law or regulation changes. These comments should be addressed through the legislative process.
- A forum to discuss any of the proposals currently under discussion in the legislative process or to advocate for any specific proposed legislative bills. These comments should be saved for legislative hearings.
- A forum to discuss how funds are allocated by the State Legislature for child care and development programs. Those concerns should be addressed in legislative budget hearings.
- A forum to describe general problems or concerns about California’s child care and development services delivery system. Those concerns should be addressed to the California Department of Education.