Important Multilingual Education NoticesThe following letters provide important communication and guidance to local educational agencies (LEAs) regarding the provision of appropriate language services through instructional programs for English learners.
- English Learner (EL) Legislation
Correspondence to educators around the state providing guidance regarding recent legislation affecting English learners.
- Reminder of Legal Obligations to English Learners
This letter reminds select LEAs of their dual obligation to provide a program for English learners to overcome language barriers and to provide access to the core curriculum.
- English Language Proficiency Assessment Requirement
This letter reminds LEAs of the requirement to annually assess all English learners with the English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC).
- Reminder of Legal Obligations to English Learners and Update of Data Reporting on CALPADS
This letter reminds all LEAs of their dual obligation to provide a program for English learners to overcome language barriers and to provide access to the core curriculum. It also updates LEAs on changes regarding data reporting of services on the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS). (See Attachment A below.)
- Attachment A
This attachment provides instructions on submitting EL instructional services data to CALPADS.
- Attachment A
- Reminder of Legal Obligations of Charter Schools to English learners
This letter reminds LEAs of the obligations that charter schools have in enrolling English learners.
Application and Funding Letters
- Elementary and Secondary Act, Title III, Part A, Immigrant Student Program Subgrant Changes
This letter notifies LEAs of changes to the Immigrant Student Program Subgrant.
- Title III EL and Immigrant Student Program Subgrant Administration and Eligibility for Fiscal Year 2020–21
This letter announces a reduction in the amount to be allocated to LEAs for 2020–21.
- Title III EL and Immigrant Student Programs Preliminary Allocations, Fiscal Year 2020–21
This letter announces Title III EL and Immigrant Student Programs Preliminary Allocation per-pupil rates for 2020–21.
Questions: Language Policy and Leadership Office | 916-319-0845
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Share this Page
Trending in English Learners
Recently Posted in English Learners