2017 Accountability Leadership Institute18th Annual Accountability Leadership Institute for English Learner, Immigrant, and Migrant Student Programs.
Accountability Leadership Institute (ALI) for English Learner, Immigrant, and Migrant Student Programs
The purpose of this annual two-day institute is to provide Title III technical assistance and professional development to superintendents, administrators, program evaluators and other local leadership. The Institute focuses on best practices related to effective programs, student achievement, and accountability systems for English learners.
Dates and Hotel
- Date of Event: December 4-5, 2017
- Event Location:
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
6101 W. Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Reserve your room now
- California Department of Education 2017 Accountability Leadership Institute (Registration is Closed)
- District, school, and program administrators are encouraged to register early as space is limited.
- This year's focus: Continuing the Journey: Leadership for Transforming Systems
- Registration Fee: $450
- NO REFUNDS
- Registration Deadline: November 15, 2017 (No On-site Registration)
- Registrant check-in: Sunday, December 3, 2017 from 4-6 p.m.
- Michael Fullan, Ph.D.
- Diane August, Ph.D.
- Jorge Aguilar, J.D.
- Karen Valdes, Ed.D.
- Kenji Hakuta, Ph.D.
- Laurie Olsen, Ph.D.
- Kathryn Lindholm-Leary, Ph.D.
- Steven Weiss
- Maria Santos, Ed.D.
- Julie Esparza-Brown, Ed.D.
Conference program, including general information, schedule, speakers, and presentation information.
- The Every Student Succeeds Act
- English Learner Accountability
- Local Control and Accountability Plan Integration
- Integrated and Designated English Language Development
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Programs for English Learners
- Long Term English Learner Programs
- English Learner Roadmap
- Special Education and English Learners
- Parent Leadership
- Title III Basics and English Learner Program Update
- English Learners in California's Frameworks
- English Language Proficiency Assessments of California Update
- California Spanish Assessments Update
- ...and more
- To access the 2015-16 ALI materials, visit MyDigitalChalkboard
- To access the archived (2009-2014) ALI materials, visit the Santa Clara County Office of Education Multilingual Education Services Web page
- View Dr. Kenji Hakuta's "Freedom to Talk" (Video; 13:13) and "Lifting the Language" (Video; 17:18)
- For questions regarding the Institute or Program, please contact the Language Policy and Leadership Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding registration, please contact the Contract and Conference Services Office by e-mail at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding hotel reservations, please contact the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel directly at 310-642-1111.