Bilingual Coordinators NetworkThis page provides information regarding the Bilingual Coordinators Network (BCN), including the meeting calendar.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Provide a vehicle for the California Department of Education (CDE) to disseminate information regarding Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), English Learner and Immigrant Student Programs; and
- Provide a venue for BCN members to:
- Collaborate and provide comment to the CDE regarding draft policies, initiatives, publications, and other related issues that ensure that the needs of students with a language other than English are fully addressed; and
- Disseminate information to support students with a language other than English, immigrant, and migratory students to local educational agencies.
- Receive information about and discuss the impact of the most current and relevant research related to improving the academic achievement of English learners.
The BCN consists of:
- One representative from each county office of education across the state;
- One Regional English Learner Specialist from each of the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) regions;
- One representative from each of the 20 largest English learner enrolling districts; and
- One representative from each of the institutions of higher education that have bilingual teacher preparation programs.
Winter/Spring 2021 Meeting Calendar
BCN calendar of meeting dates for winter and spring 2021. Participants must be registered in advance to attend meetings.
|January 27, 2021||Virtual Meeting|
|February 24, 2021||Virtual Meeting|
|March 30, 2021||Virtual Meeting|
|April 28, 2021||Virtual Meeting|
|May 26, 2021||Virtual Meeting|
Questions: Language Policy and Leadership Office | BCN@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0845
Last Reviewed: Tuesday, January 05, 2021