Bilingual Coordinators NetworkInformation regarding the Bilingual Coordinators Network (BCN), including meeting calendar.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Provide a vehicle for the California Department of Education (CDE) to disseminate information regarding Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), English Learner and Immigrant programs; and
- Provide a venue for BCN members to:
- Collaborate and provide input to the CDE regarding draft policies, initiatives, publications, and other related issues that ensure the needs of language minority students are fully addressed; and
- Collaborate and disseminate information to support language minority students and immigrant students to local educational agencies.
- Receive information about and discuss the impact of the most current and relevant research related to improving the academic achievement of English learners.
The BCN consists of:
- One representative from each county office of education across the state;
- One Title III Regional Lead from each of the Superintendent’s regions to provide technical assistance to local educational agencies;
- One representative from each of the 20 largest English Learner enrolling districts; and
- One representative from each of the institutions of higher education that have bilingual teacher training programs.
To access meeting agendas and presentations, visit the Collaboration in Common Web site and join the team Bilingual Coordinators Network.
Annual calendar of meeting dates for 2018-19 for the BCN.
|September 27–28, 2018||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|November 1–2, 2018||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|February 28–March 1, 2019||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|May 2–3, 2019||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|