Bilingual Coordinators NetworkThis page provides information regarding the Bilingual Coordinators Network (BCN), including the meeting calendar.
The purpose of the network is to:
- Provide a vehicle for the California Department of Education (CDE) to disseminate information regarding Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), English Learner and Immigrant programs; and
- Provide a venue for BCN members to:
- Collaborate and provide input to the CDE regarding draft policies, initiatives, publications, and other related issues that ensure the needs of language minority students are fully addressed; and
- Disseminate information to support language minority students and immigrant students to local educational agencies.
- Receive information about and discuss the impact of the most current and relevant research related to improving the academic achievement of English learners.
The BCN consists of:
- One representative from each county office of education across the state;
- One Regional English Learner Specialist from each of the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) regions to provide technical assistance to local educational agencies;
- One representative from each of the 20 largest English Learner enrolling districts; and
- One representative from each of the institutions of higher education that have bilingual teacher training programs.
To access meeting agendas and presentations, visit Collaboration in Common and join the online Bilingual Coordinators Network team.
Annual calendar of meeting dates for 2019–20 for the BCN. Participants must be registered in advance to attend meetings.
|September 5–6, 2019||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|November 7–8, 2019||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|February 27–28, 2020||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|
|April 30–May 1, 2020||Marriott Cal Expo, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815|