2020 Innovating for Equity SummitThe California Department of Education Combined State and Federal Programs Summit for parents, teachers, administrators, and superintendents.
The two-day Innovating for Equity Summit (IES) provides technical assistance and professional development about federal programs under the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. The Summit focuses on best practices related to effective programs, student achievement, and accountability systems for all students. Superintendents, administrators, instructional leadership, teachers, and parents are invited to attend.
Follow the Innovating for Equity Summit on Twitter
Dates and Hotel
- Date of Event: February 11–12, 2020
- Summit Onsite Check-in begins Monday, February 10, 2020, from 4-6 p.m.
- Summit Check-in continues Tuesday, February 11, 2020, starting at 7 a.m.
- Summit Begins Tuesday, February 11, 2020, at 8 a.m.
- Summit Ends Wednesday, February 12, 2020, at 3:30 p.m.
- Event Location:
1150 West Magic Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
- Reserve your room
- Dr. Victor Rios, Associate Dean of Social Sciences and Professor of Sociology, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Dr. Jaguanana Lathan, Executive Director, Equity Department, San Diego County Office of Education
- Carla Tantillo Philibert, Founder of Mindful Practices, Social Emotional Learning Expert and Author
- Michael Matsuda, Superintendent, Anaheim Union High School District
- Federal Program Technical Assistance
- Safe and Healthy School Environments
- Rigorous and Relevant Teaching
- Teacher Development
- Social Emotional Learning
- How to Close the Achievement Gap
- Multilingual Education Programs
- Effective Strategies for English Learners
- Improving Literacy
- Special Education
- For questions regarding the Summit or Program, please contact Deborah Avalos, Education Programs Consultant, Language Policy and Leadership Office by email at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding registration, please contact Jennifer Cordova, Associate Governmental Programs Analyst, English Learner Support Division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.