Title III COE Liaison AgencyThe Title III County Office of Education (COE) Liaison Agency communicates information between 11 service regions and other entities participating in the California Statewide System of Support.
The new California Statewide System of Support was established to help build local capacity and assist local educational agencies (LEAs) with implementation of a continuous improvement process focused on the identification and elimination of inequities. The support includes three levels: (1) support for all; (2) individually designed, or differentiated; and (3) intensive intervention.
As part of this system of support, the Regional English Learner (EL) Specialists, provide technical assistance within their region to equip LEAs in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies that ensure each English learner has the resources they need to succeed. Depending on the needs of a geographic region, the areas addressed by this support can include any or all of the following:
- Coaching and Capacity Building for systemic improvement in data analysis and data-based decision making, strategic use of resources and technology, high-quality instruction including both integrated and designated instruction focused on English learners, plan development, and program implementation, especially as related to English learners and the EL Roadmap.
- Stakeholder Engagement to promote parental involvement and community support by communicating the vision and strategic plan, implementing community engagement practices, and educating all stakeholders to foster meaningful participation in district and school governance, especially as related to English learners and the EL Roadmap.
- Facilitation and Resource Connection to effectively develop partnerships and mobilize specialized resources and expertise to support the continuous improvement process and connect COEs and school districts within the defined geographic area to resources or expertise within the California Statewide System of Support; especially as related to English learners and the EL Roadmap.
- California Department of Education (CDE)
- State Board of Education (SBE)
- California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE)
- California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA)
The selected designee will participate in the California Statewide System of Support and shall communicate regularly with the CDE, the CCEE, and the lead agencies. The new system expects all California Statewide System of Support providers to work collaboratively with one another to provide coordinated support to school districts. The Title III COE Liaison Agency will:
- Provide updates to and collaborate with the advisory bodies of the system of support.
- Attend all geographic leads meetings and act as a liaison between the geographic leads and the Regional EL Specialists.
- Present acquired information at the regional level to all Regional EL Specialists via multiple modes of communication (i.e. online and face-to-face meetings, online sharing platforms, etc.).
- Support Regional EL Specialists to disseminate the information to all COEs and LEAs within their respective regions.
- Fund activities with existing budget.
The designated Title III COE Liaison Agency will serve as the lead for two fiscal years, beginning on October 1, 2020.
The SBE and the CDE are seeking applications for one designee to serve as the Title III COE Liaison Agency. The designated agency will be responsible for (1) communicating information regarding activities and outcomes for the 11 service regions, and (2) sharing information provided by other entities participating in the California Statewide System of Support.
The Title III County Office of Education Liaison Agency application has been emailed to the 11 eligible subgrantees. Applications are to be submitted to the CDE by noon on September 10, 2020.