Dear Select Private School Administrators:
Final 2020–21 Private School Affidavit Filing Notice
The filing of the Private School Affidavit (PSA) is an annual requirement of all private schools offering elementary and high school level instruction in California. Per California Education Code Section 33190, an affidavit shall be filed with the California Department of Education (CDE) between October 1 and 15 of each year. Our records indicate that your school filed an affidavit last year and has not yet filed an affidavit for the 2020–21 school year.If your school has offered, or plans to offer, elementary and/or high school level private school instruction in the 2020–21 school year, please file a 2020–21 affidavit before the end of the school year, June 30, 2021. Schools that do not have a 2020–21 affidavit on file by June 30, 2021 will be indicated as closed in the California School Directory.
NOTE: If you are no longer operating a private school in California (i.e. closed your school), no further action is necessary. Your school’s record will automatically be closed as of June 30, 2021.
Please note, the 2020-21 affidavit filing system will be taken down on July 1, 2021 in preparation for the 2021-22 filing year, which begins on October 1, 2021.
Filing Your Affidavit
To file an affidavit for the 2020–21 school year;
- Go to the Private School Affidavit 2020–21 filing system at https://www3.cde.ca.gov/psa.
- Read the Notice and designate whether the school is a full-time private school and select Next.
- Select the option, “Yes, proceed using last year’s affidavit information” and select Next.
- Enter your confirmation code into the Retrieve Previous Year Affidavit screen and select Submit. NOTE, the CDE will provide confirmation codes in a separate email following the receipt of this email. You may also retrieve your confirmation code by providing the email address that was used for the sending of this notice on the Retrieve Previous Year Affidavit screen.
- Complete all pages of the affidavit.
- Review your affidavit entries and select the "Submit Affidavit" button.
Upon submission of your affidavit, you will receive a confirmation page, as well as a confirmation email, which will allow you to print a copy of your filed affidavit. The CDE recommends that you print a copy of your filed affidavit as proof of filing.
We appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to assisting you with the affidavit filing process. Should you have any questions regarding the contents of this letter, please contact CDE Private School Data Administration staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shana Yeary, Manager
CBEDS/CDS Support Office
Educational Data Management Division