California Title I Conference
2018 California Title I Conference
October 9-11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
The 2018 California Title I Conference is scheduled for October 9, 10, and 11, 2018, in Los Angeles, California. The purpose of the conference is to provide a forum for sharing promising practices, practical strategies, and innovative ideas that support equitable learning experiences for all students.
Nationally renowned speakers, powerful breakout sessions about timely topics, and access to technical assistance from the staff of the California Department of Education (CDE) will be featured. Also, workshops will be available providing suggestions for the effective implementation of Title I, Part A, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as reauthorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
The conference is designed for administrators, program staff, teachers, instructional leaders, paraprofessionals, and other education leaders who serve children from low-income families, as well as parents/guardians and community leaders who partner with schools to help ensure that all children meet California’s rigorous academic requirements.
Call for Presenters
The Improvement and Accountability Division of the California Department of Education (CDE) is now accepting proposals for the 2018 California Title I Conference. We are seeking experienced, engaging, and passionate presenters. We invite you to submit a formal proposal for review. Workshop topics should be of interest to the greater Title I community.
The completed Workshop Proposal Form must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- Incomplete and/or late proposals will not be reviewed.
- The Lead Presenter is responsible for completing and submitting the Workshop Proposal Form on behalf of all presenters.
- One presenter, per selected workshop proposal, will be awarded complimentary admission to the 2018 CA Title I Conference.
- Presenters interested in attending or participating in any conference-related workshops and activities are required to register for the conference and pay the full registration fee.
- All presenters are responsible for their own conference related travel and lodging arrangements, including reservations and cancellations, and expenses, including the cost of copying handouts.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing a minimum of 100 copies of their handouts to distribute to workshop participants.
Submitting a Workshop Proposal
- Please carefully read all of the information provided in the Call for Proposals Instructions and Workshop Proposal Forms.
- The Workshop Proposal Form will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, and/or U.S. mail.
- The Workshop Proposal Form and Instructions may be accessed below.
We anticipate that presenters, for selected workshops, will be notified by Monday, June 18, 2018.
Workshop Proposal Forms and Instructions
- Please select the accurate links below to access the applicable Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form and corresponding Instructions.
- Lead Presenters, not employed by the CDE, must complete the Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form for External Presenters.
- Lead Presenters, employed by the CDE, must complete the Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form for Internal CDE Staff.
- Call for Presenters Non-CDE Staff Instructions
- Workshop Proposal Form Preview, Non-CDE Staff
- Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form - External
Internal Presenters (CDE Staff)
- Call for Presenters CDE Staff Instructions
- Workshop Proposal Form Preview, CDE Staff
- Call for Presenters Workshop Proposal Form - Internal CDE Staff
Please submit any questions, by e-mail, to the Title I Conference mailbox at TitleIConference@cde.ca.gov.
Save the Date
Save The Date Flyer (PDF)
If you would like to receive updates via e-mail notification regarding the California Title I Conference, please subscribe to the listserv by sending a blank message to email@example.com. If you would like to unsubscribe from the listserv, send a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our California Title I Conference Twitter account @CATitleIConf to receive regular updates regarding scheduling, content, and speakers.