API ReportsPrintable state, county, district, and school level reports for the Academic Performance Index (API).
On March 15, 2017, the State Board of Education (SBE) and the California Department of Education (CDE) launched a new accountability system to replace the Academic Performance Index (API) to better measure our State's educational goals. California's new accountability system is available at the California School Dashboard Web Page.
During the development process of the California School Dashboard (Dashboard ), the SBE approved to suspend the calculation of the API for local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools. As a result, the last API report was produced in 2013.
The Dashboard evaluates school performance based on multiple measures compared to the API that relied exclusively on standardized tests. In addition, new assessments were developed to measure progress on the common core standards and replaced the prior standardized tests. Therefore, the results of these two systems cannot be compared. The information found on this Web page is outdated and should only be used for historical purposes.
API Reports for 2014, 2015, and 2016 Will Not Be Produced
- Reports and data files are based on test results of the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program, the California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE), and the California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA).
- Reported data may change due to a number of factors, such as:
- School districts correcting errors in demographic data
- The California Department of Education (CDE) reviewing and identifying additional data errors
- Schools identified as having incomplete data