How-To Apply for DASSA quick How-To for alternative schools of choice and charter schools that serve high-risk students who are interested in applying for DASS.
The California Department of Education (CDE) Dashboard Alternative School Status (DASS) Application is a two part process. Part 1 is an online survey and Part 2 is submission of documentation.
Approval of DASS Participation is contingent upon completion of both parts.
How-to Complete Part 1:
- Complete all fields before submitting the survey
- Wait for confirmation e-mail (will be sent within two business days)
- Confirmation e-mail will include access to your CDE-assigned Box.com folder to complete Part 2.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within two business days of submitting Part 1, please contact the CDE DASS team by e-mail at DASS@cde.ca.gov
The 2018 submission window for Part 1 has ended.
How-to Complete Part 2:
- Certify that the school’s enrollment meets the DASS eligibility criteria in an agendized board item and obtain all signatures on the DASS Eligibility Certification Form
- Obtain a copy of the board agenda and minutes that documents the approval of the DASS eligibility certification
- Upload all documents to school’s Box.com folder
- If the school's DASS eligibility was certified by the charter school board, submit a copy of the DASS eligibility notification letter sent to the charter school's authorizing governing board.
- Part 2 supporting documents submitted through e-mail or by mail will not be accepted.
The 2018 submission window for Part 2 has ended.