The 2015–16 CAASPP Institute Training MaterialsThe 2015–16 CAASPP Institute Training Materials as offered at the in-person training.
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Institute was a two-part training offered to local educational agency (LEA) teams during the 2015–16 school year. It provided an overview of the CAASPP system of assessments and provided dedicated time for LEA teams to plan for implementing all components of the CAASPP System to improve teaching and learning. The materials on this page can be modified as needed by LEAs for use during subsequent school years.
The following training materials from the CAASPP Institute are presented in modules for independent or small group learning. The Online CAASPP Institute Video Training Guide (DOC) provides an overview of the contents of each CAASPP Institute training module, including the running time for the video in each module. For large group trainings, a combined version of the materials is available to LEA staff on the help page of the Test Operations Management System . Secure login is required.
Section One: Overview of the CAASPP Institute
- Module 1.1 Overview of the CAASPP Institute
Section Two: Summative Assessment
- Module 2.1 Introduction to Summative Assessment
- Module 2.2 Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment Results
- Module 2.3 Digging Deeper: Connecting Claims, Assessment Targets, and Standards
- Module 2.4 Accessibility Supports, Part I
- Module 2.5 Accessibility Supports, Part II
- Module 2.6 Summative Assessment: Reflection and Planning
Section Three: Interim Assessment
- Module 3.1 Introduction to Interim Assessment
- Module 3.2 Access to and Use of the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments, Including Use of Accessibility Supports
- Module 3.3 Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System, Part I
- Module 3.4 Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System, Part II
- Module 3.5 Removed due to outdated information.
- Module 3.6 Interim Assessment: Reflection and Planning
Section Four: Formative Assessment and the Smarter Balanced Digital Library
- Module 4.1 Introduction to Formative Assessment
- Module 4.2 The Four Attributes of Formative Assessment
- Module 4.3 Formative Assessment: Accessibility Supports
- Module 4.4 Removed due to outdated information.
- Module 4.5 Removed due to outdated information.
- Module 4.6 Removed due to outdated information.
- Module 4.7 Formative Assessment: Reflection and Planning
Section Five: Planning Tools
- Module 5.1 Use of the Planning Template
Section Six: Reflection and Future Planning
- Module 6.1 Reflecting Back on the Fall CAASPP Institute
- Module 6.2 The River Activity: Setting the Stage
- Module 6.3 Removed due to outdated information.
- Module 6.4 Smarter Balanced Interim Assessments: Updated Resources
- Module 6.5 Summative Assessment: 2015–16 Student Score Report
- Module 6.6 Summative Assessment: Assessment Target Reports
- Module 6.7 Summative Assessment: 2015–16 Reporting Timeline
- Module 6.8 Communicating About CAASPP: Parent Guide
- Module 6.9 Communicating About CAASPP: Teacher Guide
- Module 6.10 Expanding CAASPP Implementation: Planning Tools