CAASPP Update, Issue 115California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) e-mail update sent out on August 19, 2015.
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Update, from the California Department of Education (CDE), is a regular e-mail for K–12 educators, including testing coordinators, that focuses primarily on the Smarter Balanced assessments, which are a major component of the CAASPP system. CAASPP also includes the California Alternate Assessments and science assessments. Please forward this e-mail to any educators in your local educational agency (LEA) who would be interested in or benefit from this information.
In this issue:
- Summative Assessments
Production of CAASPP student score reports has begun. LEAs that have completed 100 percent of their testing will be the first to receive the student score reports. LEAs will continue to receive the student score reports into September.
As the public release of the 2015 CAASPP results approaches, there are several resources available to prepare for the release:
- Sample parent/guardian score report cover letter can be customized to be sent as a cover letter with the student score report.
- CAASPP Student Score Report Guides are short documents that describe each part of the student score reports. They currently are available in English, with translations coming soon in ten different languages. The CAASPP Student Score Report Guide for the Standards-based Tests in Spanish for Reading/Language Arts in grades two through eleven is now available in English and Spanish.
- Guide to Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments: Overview and Sample Questions is a downloadable parent guide that provides a description of the assessments and what is covered. In addition, this guide provides an explanation of the achievement levels with sample items/questions.
- CAASPP key messages address some key concepts of the Smarter Balanced Assessment System.
- Webcast about the CAASPP release has been tentatively scheduled for 2 p.m. on August 26. More information about the webcast will be forthcoming. This presentation will include a preview of the new website the public will access for state, county, district, and school results.
To join the CDE CAASPP email list, send a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about the CAASPP system and Smarter Balanced activities is available on the CDE CAASPP System web page. Questions about the CAASPP system assessments should be directed by phone to 800-955-2954, or by e-mail to CalTAC@ets.org. Questions about the Digital Library should be directed to the Digital Library Help Desk by phone at 855-631-1510 or by email at CalTAC@ets.org.