CAASPP Update, Issue 179California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) email update, November 9, 2016.
Focusing on the CAASPP System, including the Smarter Balanced assessments—a major component of CAASPP—and the California Alternate Assessments and science assessments.
Scheduled System Downtime Begins Tomorrow!
Please be aware that several CAASPP systems will be unavailable Thursday, November 10, through Sunday, November 13, for scheduled system downtime. Note that systems may go offline as early as 5 p.m. the day prior to a scheduled downtime and will resume by 8 a.m. the day following a scheduled downtime.
We strongly recommend that you notify all CAASPP test site coordinators in your local educational agency (LEA) of the systems and dates subject to downtime:
- Online Reporting System: Thursday, November 10, through Sunday, November 13
- Test Operations Management Systems: Friday, November 11, through Sunday November 13
Other downtimes scheduled for the 2016–17 school year include the following:
- Thursday, January 5, through Sunday, January 8
- Thursday, March 16, through Sunday, March 19
Visit the recently revised CAASPP Portal Planned System Downtime web page for details, including which systems will be affected and possible additional maintenance downtimes scheduled for 2017. Questions about scheduled downtimes and the 2016–17 CAASPP administration should be directed to the California Technical Assistance Center by phone at 800-955-2954 or by email at email@example.com.
For Your Convenience: Digital Library Enhancements
More Digital Library enhancements have just been deployed! Note these new improvements the next time you log on:
- Improved search speed. Digital Library users can now expect searches to take substantially less time.
- Go for the goal! To promote educator engagement with Digital Library resources, the new goal-setting feature prompts users to review and rate resources, and then track their progress in meeting their review goal. The default goal is to review and rate 10 resources, but users can modify that goal as needed. Progress toward the goal is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen, under the Help button. LEAs can use this new feature to promote use of the Digital Library by their educators.
Watch for more enhancements to improve Digital Library user experience—Smarter Balanced expects to launch more features in early 2017.
2016–17 CAASPP Institute!
The California Department of Education is partnering with the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) to offer the second annual CAASPP Institute, which will provide LEA staff with strategies for using all components of the CAASPP System to improve teaching and learning. This exciting professional learning opportunity will be presented this winter throughout California as follows:
|February 2–3||Santa Rosa|
The focus will be on “digging deeper,” and large-group plenary sessions, topic-driven breakout sessions, and opportunities for collaboration and guided planning will be included. All LEAs are encouraged to send a team of up to four staff to take advantage of this opportunity. For more information, including the agenda and instructions for registering, visit the SCOE 2016–17 CAASPP Institute Registration web page . We look forward to seeing you there!
Please share this email with any educators in your local educational agency who would be interested in or benefit from this information. To join the email list, send a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Are you a new subscriber? Visit the CDE CAASPP Update web page to find previous issues.